The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

What are you Most Looking Forward to in High School

The eighth graders have 12 weeks until the end of the year and 24 weeks until the eighth graders have their first day of being freshmen. The high school has a lot more “fun” (not the four basic classes of math, ELA, social studies, and science) some are industrial tech, agriculture, weights, and conditioning, too many types of art to count, and many tech courses, family and consumer science, music and choir, foreign language, and more. Industrial tech is like woodworking and metalworking as well as some electrical work. agriculture is learning how the agriculture industry works. family and consumer science is how to live, baking, sewing, how to manage taxes, and more.

The high school also provides many extracurricular activities, including track, baseball, basketball, wrestling, scholastic bowl, videogame club, soccer, volleyball, cheer dance, golf,  FFA, cross country, drama club, softball, football, bass fishing, and more. The high school also gives some special perks, If you are in your senior year and have most of your credits to graduate you can take what you need to graduate then you get an hour or 2 off and because you can drive home you go home early. But most people recommend taking as many dual credit courses as possible to help shorten your college time. (Dual credits are classes in college that you take in high school)

I went around and asked students what they were most excited about.

Mr. Nichols thinks the kids will be most excited to get to have their cell phones in class.

Maxx Cool is excited about the marching band.

Daniel Goviea said he is excited to be able to drive a car to school.

Daniel Bender is excited not excited about high school.

Sam Miller Is excited about being in the same school as his high school friends and the game clubs like esports and clubs.

Nathan Smith said soccer.

Dax Weigand said Coach Bachman.