The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Would You Rather…?

Would You Rather...?

You know what’s crazy? Writing a 5,000-word essay. Or how about delivering a 5-hour speech in front of the whole school? Both are daunting tasks, but which one would be better? Obviously, writing a 5,000-word essay would take a long time, and you would need to carefully consider what to write about. For the 5-hour speech, you need to be confident and not mind speaking publicly, which most people are not comfortable with. Some people prefer writing, while others prefer speaking. We’ve asked two 8th graders and one 6th grader which one they’d choose. Also, there is a poll that we would love for you to vote on regarding which task you would prefer.

Alyssa Hitchins: “I would choose the 5,000-word essay because I don’t like talking in front of people.”

Adyson Wood: “I would choose the essay because I don’t like speaking in front of a large audience, and it would take forever.”

Grace Waters: “I would choose the speech because at whole school gatherings, hardly anyone actually listens, and they mostly just talk.”

This poll has ended.

Would you rather write a 5,000 word essay or give a 5 hour speech in front of the whole school?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.