The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

State Track
State Track
May 16, 2024

What Was the Worst Advice You’ve Ever Received?

What Was the Worst Advice Youve Ever Received?

Everybody asks, “What is the best piece of advice you’ve been given?” But I am here to flip the switch. Many people have older (and most times wiser) grandparents or even great grandparents in their lives. They have probably given good advice, and hopefully you’ve followed it. But maybe you’ve received advice that would never work. It may be dating advice or maybe just advice in general. I asked a few EMS individuals what the worst advice they’ve been given is.  Lets see how bad these are.

• Dax Wiegand-When I missed the bar on high jump, someone told me to just run faster
  • Gabriel Preciado-Don’t die
  • Brennan McAllister-Do better
  • Tate Leman-Keep trying
  • Mr. Schaidle-When I went to college, they tried to tell me to switch my major from education to nurse. Like,  do you think I would be a good nurse
  • Mr Gundy- A student said, “Personally, I’m a huge fan of ignoring the problem until eventually it just goes away.”
  • Cieryn McGinnis-You can eat a bunch of junk food and still be physically fit. It’s called a “dirty bulk”, and it only works if you take a lot of steroids
  • Finn Hoffman-I was pitching for the first time and a random fan told me to “just throw strikes”
  • Nathan Smith-My stepdad told me that if I wanted to get a girl I would have to be like him. The cops ended up showing up.
  • Cayden Fogo-I told myself to cut my hair
  • Ms Haggerty-Somebody asked me to lie about my concussion in high school

Clearly there is plenty of advice out there that would not be a very good idea. Especially Mr. Schaidle being a nurse. Or lying about a concussion. Hopefully you have been able to realize which advice is good and which is bad.