The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Favorite Books at EMS

Did you know that The Epic of Gilgamesh was the earliest surviving written literature in ancient Mesopotamia? There are roughly 158,464,880 unique books in the world as of 2023. The world’s smallest book is Teeny Ted from Turnip Town. If you are a bookworm, then this article is for you. We asked three 8th-grade students, two 6th-grade students, and two teachers what their favorite book is. Here are their responses:

• Laura Goff: “Any of the Warrior Cats because I like cats.”
  • Emmie Edwards: “Hunger Games: The Ballad of Song Birds and Snakes because I like the villain, Coriolanus Snow.”
  • Alyssa Hitchens: “Lock and Key because it talks about things happening in the real world.”
  • Grace Waters: “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire because I like seeing all the other wizards.”
  • Les Reel: “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix because it introduces Luna Lovegood.”
  • Mrs. Hobbs: “Lessons in Chemistry because it’s about love, loss, and female power.”
  • Mrs. Haggerty: “Tuesdays with Morrie because it puts into perspective how precious life is and how we shouldn’t take things for granted.”

We hope you enjoyed reading this article. What’s your favorite book?