The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Corbin (James) Short

125 Views

This week for Hornet Spotlight, we interview 8th grader Corbin Short, and here are some of his questions and answers.

Our first question was, “What is your favorite sport and why?” He quickly answered, “Basketball because I’ve been playing it for the longest.” The next question we asked him was, “Who is your biggest role model and why?” Without hesitation, he said, “My dad, LeBron James, because he is nice and he’s really good at basketball.” When we asked him what the weirdest thing in his room was, he said, “A 6ft tall poster of Stephen Curry.”

Another question we asked was, “What is your favorite holiday?” After a moment’s thought, he answered, “Probably Christmas.” When he was asked if he could go anywhere in the world, where would he go, he said, “Europe because that’s where all of the good basketball players come from.”

The next thing we asked was, “What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?” He responded by saying that he has eaten a frog. Next, we inquired about the coolest place he’s ever been to. He said, “North Carolina because it’s pretty like me.” When we asked how many sports he does and what they are, he said, “3 sports: basketball, football, and golf.”

We then asked, “What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?” He answered, “Go ding dong ditch and make people mad.” When asked about his favorite ice cream flavor, he said, “Cookie dough.” Next, we asked him, “Who is the coolest person you ever met?” He replied, “Tyrese Haliburton.”

View Comments (3)
Donate to The Nest

Your donation will support the student journalists of Eureka Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.