The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Competitive Dance!

181 Views
Competitive+Dance%21

This week, we interviewed some of the dance team members about the competition. Here are their answers:

Delilah Porter

• Are you excited for the upcoming competition? Answer: “Uh huh yeah, I’m counting down the days.”
  • What is your favorite part about competing? Answer: “The dance party we do before awards and performing.”
  • What is your favorite routine: jazz or lyrical? Answer: “Lyrical definitely.”
  • Do you think the dance team will go to state this year? Answer: “Uh huh.”
  • Do you think the dance team will place well in our upcoming competition? Answer: “Since we’re only doing jazz, I think we will do well.”

Elsie Holt

• Are you excited about our upcoming competition? Answer: “I am very excited!”
  • What is your favorite part about competing? Answer: “Waking up very early and staying there the whole day and not being with my sisters.”
  • What is your favorite routine: jazz or lyrical? Answer: “Both.”
  • Do you think the dance team will go to state this year? Answer: “Most definitely if we work hard.”
  • Do you think the dance team will place well in our upcoming competition? Answer: “I think so because we work hard.”

Norah Westphalen

• Are you excited about our upcoming competition? Answer: “Yes, I’m really excited!”
  • What is your favorite part about competing? Answer: “I really like the celebration, it’s so fun to be there with everybody.”
  • What is your favorite routine: jazz or lyrical? Answer: “I really like jazz.”
  • Do you think the dance team will go to state this year? Answer: “Yes, I do 100%.”
  • Do you think the team will place well in our upcoming competition? Answer: “It’s hard to tell, but I think we will.”