The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Mrs. Worner

129 Views
Mrs.+Worner

Today, we interviewed Mrs. Worner for Hornet Spotlight. If you didn’t already know, Mrs. Worner is the person in charge of the Nest itself, but amazingly, she has never been interviewed until now!

Question one was, “If you could live in any book, what book would you choose?” She replied with “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” because I would dominate the Triwizard tournament.

Question two was, “What is your favorite food and why?” She replied, “I would say cheese fries because you cannot go wrong with a fry with cheese on it.”

Question three was, “What did you think of EMS when you first taught here?” She answered, “I thought it was a great school with great people.”

Question four was, “How long have you been teaching?” She said, “This is my ninth year. I taught 5th grade for 8 years.”

Question five was, “Where did you go to college?” She then stated, “I started at ICC and then went to Western Illinois University.”

Question six was, “If you could teach any other subject, what would it be?” She then pondered before saying, “Science.”

Question seven was, “When did you find out about Eureka?” She looked at us and then said, “I grew up in East Peoria, and when I coached Scholastic Bowl, we played against Eureka.”

Question eight was, “Have you always taught ELA?” She replied, “No, when I taught 5th grade, I taught all subjects.”