The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Elsie Holt

104 Views
Elsie+Holt

This week for 8th grade Hornet Spotlight, we interviewed Elsie Holt.

Our first question that we asked her is, “What is your favorite sport and why?” Her answer was very quick when she said, “Dance because I’ve been doing it since I was 6 and I love it.” The next question is, “How different is America from England?” She said, after thinking for a little bit, “At school, we had to wear a uniform and a lot of things had different names.” The next question we asked was, “What is something that was surprising to you about the USA when you came, but is regular now?” She then answered, “There is a lot of country/farmland, which was different from the city I lived in.” The next question we asked was, “What is a unique talent you have?” She answered after thinking for a little while, “I’m extremely flexible.” The next question we asked was, “What is your favorite PE unit?” She answered very quickly, “Volleyball.” Our next question we asked her was, “What is your favorite food?” She answered, “Fried chicken because I’ve always loved it, and it goes very well with BBQ sauce, I love that too!” The next question we asked was, “Why did you choose to do the dance team?” She answered quickly with a very happy response, “I’ve been dancing forever and my parents and family say that even before I started dancing, I was just twirling around nonchalantly.” The last question we asked her was, “What’s your favorite thing about dance and the team?” She then said, “Competition season and going to state if we make it because we get to stay in a fancy hotel.”