The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Bristol Heirstien

Bristol+Heirstien

This week, for the 6th-grade Hornet Spotlight, we interviewed Bristol Heirstien.

Our first question for her was, “What is your favorite sport and why?” She answered without hesitation, “Volleyball because I’ve played it my whole life.” Our next question was about her favorite music to listen to. She took some time to think and then replied, “Country.” Moving on, we asked her what she does outside of school, and she quickly mentioned that she plays volleyball and babysits.

Next, we inquired about the most embarrassing thing that has happened to her. She took a long time to think about it and finally said, “Wiping out on a wakeboard.” (Wakeboarding is a water sport where the rider stands on a board and is towed behind a motorboat in the water.)

We then asked about her favorite food and why. She promptly replied, “Chinese because it tastes good.” Following that, we asked whether she has a favorite season and why. After a moment of contemplation, she answered, “Summer so I can go boating.”

The second-to-last question was about building a school. We asked what kind of classrooms she would include in it. She responded, “Core classes and fine art rooms.” Lastly, we asked about her favorite book, and she quickly replied, “A Night Divided by Jennifer A. Nielsen.”