The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Student Council Fundraiser

Student Council Fundraiser

Student Council Fundraiser

This week, we are having a fundraiser to raise money for people who can’t get presents. If we reach $100, Mr. Eastman will have to eat a lemon. If we reach $200, we will get to watch him eat spicy chips, specifically takis. The next milestone is $500, where we can watch him get a pie in the face. For the two higher goals of $750, we get to watch him dump water on his head. And finally, if we reach $1000, the best of all, he will have to wear a Cubs Jersey for a day. It will be amazing to see him squirm in it.

We interviewed Carly Zobrist and Caleb Minger to learn more about the process of getting the fundraiser started. We also spoke to Mr. Eastman to get his thoughts on the fundraiser.

When we asked the students how much money they hoped to raise, both of them said they wanted to earn as much as possible, with a minimum goal of $1000 each. Regarding the punishments, they explained that they had a meeting where they came up with all the ideas and presented them to Mr. Eastman. He then decided which five punishments he was willing to do.

During our interview with Mr. Eastman, we asked if he was forced into participating or if he willingly agreed. He stated that he agreed to participate. However, he did have some limits and felt that some of the punishments were too extreme. The students assured us that he was not obligated to do any punishments he didn’t want to. When asked about how much money he wanted to raise, Mr. Eastman expressed his desire to raise as much as possible. He mentioned that the first two punishments were, in his opinion, the worst because he doesn’t enjoy eating challenges. Lastly, when asked about his thoughts on the punishments, he admitted that he didn’t particularly like the first two due to his dislike for eating challenges and anticipated that wearing the Cubs Jersey would be uncomfortable.

We hope you enjoyed reading our article on the Student Council. Please consider donating to the fundraiser so we can witness Mr. Eastman’s comedic endeavors. Goodbye!