The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Veteran’s Day Assembly

Veterans Day Assembly

We interviewed some people at the Veterans Day Assembly. Here are the questions we asked and their answers.

First off, we started asking people included in the Honors Chorus how they felt about singing.

Elsie Holt quickly and happily said, “I’m excited because I’ve always loved to sing in front of people, and it’s something I enjoy doing.”

Eli Knapp said, “I am really excited because I love to sing, but I’m just a little nervous because it’s in front of a lot of people.”

Grant Stoller said, “I’m excited, not nervous. I’m not the only one up there; there are people with me, and I’m excited to see what everyone thinks about it.”

Alice Beckendorf said, “Excited because I enjoy singing, and I always enjoy the Veterans Day Assembly.”

Next, we asked Mr. Roth and Mr. Nichols about the Veterans Day Assembly, and these are the questions we asked and their answers.

QUESTIONS:

1. What are some things that they are going to talk about at the assembly?

2. Who will be speaking at the assembly?

3. Is there any particular reason we are doing it at the middle school this year?

4. What are your favorite things about the assembly that you remember from the past?

ANSWERS:

Mr. Roth:
– “Probably service and being thankful for those who have died.”
– “Mr. Schaidle and Mr. Nichols.”
– “Each building is doing their own assembly because Veterans Day is on the weekend.”
– “I think it’s cool to hear about people from district 140 who have served in the military.”

Mr. Nichols:
– “Talk about what it means to serve and what it is and a guest speaker.”
– “Mr. Schaidle.”
– “On years Veterans Day doesn’t fall on a weekday, we don’t do a district-wide one.”
– “I love seeing veterans in attendance and seeing students participate and the band playing.”

We asked Mr. Troutt and Mr. Wyland about what they remember most about being in the military, and here’s what they said.

Mr. Wyland said, “Basic training. I remember how fun and scary it was when I first got to the military.”

Mr. Troutt said, “Um, traveling to all kinds of places, meeting lots of great people, working a lot of hours.”