The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

7th and 8th Grade Cheer!

155 Views

Cheer season is here! We interviewed a few girls from the 7th and 8th-grade team, and here are their responses.

We asked Hudsyn Schertz, an 8th grader, what she is most excited about this cheer season. After she thought about the question for a second, she replied with, “Competing.” Next, we asked her what her favorite cheer to learn was. She said her favorite was “Yell it Go, Go” because it is short and easy.

Another 8th grader, Alivia Shrock, was asked what her favorite town to go to on away games was. She responded with “Dee-Mac because they are competitive.” Alivia was also asked how often she has practices, and she said, “Three times a week and when competition starts every day.”

The last 8th grader we interviewed was Brooklyn Adams. The first question we asked her was, “Do you enjoy cheering at basketball games?” Positively, she said she likes games, and the starting lineup is fun because there are lots of jumps. We then asked her if cheer was her favorite sport, and she said, “Sure.”

The first 7th grader we interviewed was Alena Roberts. She was asked what made her want to cheer, and she said the stunts. She was also asked how would your teammates describe you? She said, “Nice and good at doing sidelines.”

The next 7th grader we interviewed was Ivory Addo Evans. First, she was asked how many people were in cheer. She replied with, “Ten, I don’t think it’s a good number because it’s really small, and we can only do two stunt groups.” Then we asked what position she is in for cheer. She said, “I base, I like basing. I would be a flier if I could do any other position.”

Another 7th grader we interviewed was Tenley Prather. Tenley was asked if cheer was her favorite sport, and here is her response, “No, because I would rather do volleyball because I’m way better at volleyball.” The last question we asked was what do you do at practice? Her reply was, “We stunt, do jumps and stretches, and work on routines.”