The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Brett Zeltwanger

158 Views
Brett+Zeltwanger

For the 8th grader featured on Hornet Spotlight this week, meet Brett Zeltwanger!

The first question we asked him was, “What is your favorite thing to do in the summer other than playing soccer?” He replied, “Hanging out with my friends and swimming.”

Next, we asked him about his favorite smell. He gave a simple and concise answer: caramel.

Then, we asked him to compare himself to an animal and explain why. After a moment of contemplation, he chose a panda because people often say he resembles one.

Moving on, we inquired about the most boring sport and why. Initially indecisive, he eventually settled on baseball, claiming that the most exciting part is merely running to a base (although this is not true at all).

We also asked him to share a nostalgic memory from grade school. After a considerable amount of thought (and some explanation of what “nostalgic” means), he recalled a time when he pretended to fall asleep in the car to make his parents carry him inside.

Another question posed to him was about his pet peeves. He promptly responded that not making eye contact with the person speaking is one of his pet peeves.

We then asked him if he could be friends with any fictional character, who would it be and why. He chose Grimace because he’s big and purple.

Lastly, we asked him to create a slogan for a wart removal cream company. After some consideration, he came up with, “Works 100% of the time, 50% of the time!”