The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Wrestling Season is Here!

This November, wrestling season will be starting. As you probably already know, this is Mr. Schaidle’s last year coaching wrestling. We interviewed Mr. Schaidle, and asked how he was feeling about his last year coaching. He thinks that they will do well, and he is excited that he has lots of new wrestlers. We also asked him how he thinks the season will go, and he said, “Our goal is to win at least 22 dual meets and get to regionals.”

We interviewed Coach Kade and he thinks they are going to win regionals. We asked him what his favorite part about coaching is, and he said, “I’m like a middle schooler all over again; I love the cadence runs!”

We interviewed four wrestlers from the team, and asked what they are excited about for this coming wrestling season.

Brady Thompson said he is excited for being able to compete at a higher level.

Easton Hadfield was ready to get the interview over with, and answered simply, “Wrestling.”

After a short pause, Cullan Hoekstra said, “Wrestling for Mr. Schaidle and Coach Kade.”

Finn Hoffman seemed sure about his answer, and said, “Going to state.”