The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Hornet Spotlight 8th grade

Feben Gates

This week we chose to interview Feben Gates who is an 8th grader who attends EMS.

First, we asked her what her favorite color was, she immediately said lilac purple. She says there are so many other colors in the world, but she just thinks it is a gorgeous color.

After that, we asked what her favorite animal was and she smiled saying dinosaurs! They may be extinct, but they are still her favorite.

Then we questioned her about how many siblings she had and who they were. Feben responded by saying she had 3 brothers, two older and one younger. My oldest brother is Carson, my middle is Cayden, and my youngest brother is the famous Shamari Gates.

Feben told us that out of all the sports, her favorite is basketball. She loves every detail about it from the people who surround her to dribbling down the court.

Then when we asked her about her celebrity crush she lit up! Chris Hemsworth or Michael B. Jordan, she was torn.

When asked where she wanted to go to college she said anywhere but Illinois!

Other than not knowing where she wanted to go to college, she knew what she wanted to do when she grew up. She explained that she wanted to be a detective. If not then she wants to be involved with the investigation. 

Feben has always wanted to go to Bora Bora and it is her dream vacation. “I love beaches and tropical places so Bora Bora would be the perfect place,” she said.

Next, we asked her what her favorite class/subject is and she said English because she’s good at it!

To go along with that we asked what her favorite teacher of all time is. Feben smiled largely and shrieked MRS. REGIER!“She’s just so cool and awesome and just… the best!