The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Hornet Spotlight – Rubio Francisco

This week, we decided to do a Hornet Spotlight on Rubio Francisco. He is currently in 5th grade and has a lot to say!

We first asked him if he liked EMS, and he instantly said, “Yes, it’s good,” almost as if he’s scared for the future. Then we asked him a follow-up question about who his favorite teacher is, and Rubio said Mrs. Wherly because she is really fun. Next, we questioned his favorite sport, and although he doesn’t play any sports, he likes to play football at recess. It’s fun and intense. Then, we asked what his favorite color is, and he said BLUE with a bright smile on his face. One of our best questions was, “How many siblings do you have and who is your favorite?” He said he has 4 siblings, but he had to think about his favorite sibling. In the end, he said that his favorite sibling is Felipe Francisco because he buys Rubio things. What a great reason! I asked Rubio about his goals at EMS, and he answered, saying, “I don’t know, probably just gonna wing it.” Honestly, a good response. If you were an animal, what would you be, and why? He said a Panther because they are cool and mean. Next, we asked what his hobbies were and what he did at home. He said he likes to watch TV and play Fortnite when he gets home from school. After that, we asked what his favorite song is, and he responded by saying “Goosebumps” by Travis Scott. Lastly, the most important question is, “What is your favorite lunch?” The King, Rubio Francisco, said a burger and walked away…