The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

FAVORITE MEMORIES OF 2023!!

134 Views

As you may see, the year 2023 just ended a couple of weeks ago. Now, we are on to 2024. Yes, we should focus on the present, but we can’t forget about the great memories of 2023. To remember these great memories, we asked 12 students at Eureka Middle School about their favorite memory of the previous year.

Bryn Mayo: “Going to Wales to revisit because it was super pretty and I got to go fishing.”
Drew Sauder: “Going to Bayern Munich versus Manchester City in Wisconsin because it was the only professional game I have been to.”
Brennan McAllister: “New Year’s Eve was fun because I got to hang out with friends in the dark.”
Max Beard: “Playing football because it’s fun.”
Kyle Cochran: “Winning the Lincoln Tournament because we beat a good team from St. Louis in overtime.”
Hudson Leman: “When the Chiefs won the Super Bowl because I’m a Chiefs fan.”
Daniel Bender: “The Ledgestone Tournament (Eureka Disc Golf), a good change in the routine, fun to see the pros play.”
Carson Bucher: “Going to Missouri because I like being with family.”
Bryleigh Brace: “Winning State in Volleyball because we won.”
Fallon Johnson: “Winning State because we won and we got to beat Dee Mack.”
Payton Sides: “Sleeping because it’s relaxing.”
Bryce Bailey: “Being a part of regional baseball because baseball is the best.”

These were only 12 students’ opinions from our Middle School. These are great memories, and they go to show how great 2024 could be. We should never forget 2023, yet now we must move on to the new year.