The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Summer Olympics
Summer Olympics
Apr 29, 2024

Should Students Be Able to Grade Their Teachers?

We all know that feeling of getting a big test grade back. But haven’t you ever wanted to give your teacher a test? What if you could grade your teachers? What grade would you give them? Sometimes students don’t agree with their grades. Sometimes the students don’t do well because of the teacher. And everybody needs to improve, so shouldn’t students be able to grade their teachers for them to improve. Besides, if students go to college, most colleges will have the students grade their professors. If they do it in college, why shouldn’t they do it in high school, or even middle school?

On the other hand, teachers are graded by the principal, so maybe we don’t need to grade them. But this isn’t up to me. I will let the people speak.

I’m sure that most students would love to give their teachers F’s or A’s, but would teachers agree? I interviewed 5 students and 5 teachers to get their opinion on the topic.

The Students

• Finn Hoffman: Yes, because I would give all the teachers an A+ (supposedly).
  • Cayden Fogo: Yes, because they do a great job and should be paid more.
  • Dax Wiegand: Yes, because it would be funny.
  • Noah: Depends on what you’re grading them on.

The Teachers

• Mr. Schaidle: For that to be important, I would have to know your opinion of me.
  • Ms. Haggerty: I think students should be able to give feedback after the year is over to help improve the class for future students.
  • Ms. Bradford: Feedback, sure; grade, no.
  • Mr. Gundy: No, because some students would not grade fairly; they would grade off of emotion.
  • Ms. Weaver: Yes, I think they should be able to give some kind of feedback.

There were a lot of different answers given by people. All of the students thought that we should be able to grade our teachers. And 3 out of 5 teachers thought we should give some kind of feedback. I think Mr. Gundy had the best answer. But what do you think, should we be able to give teachers grades?

This poll has ended.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.