The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

✨Scholastic Bowl✨

125 Views
%26%23x2728%3BScholastic+Bowl%26%23x2728%3B

Scholastic Bowl is starting! We interviewed some people who are participating in the Scholastic Bowl and asked about their team and what they do. Here are their questions and answers:

Mr. Troutt:

We asked him when the first match was. He responded with, “Early February.” We then asked him how many people are on the team. He said, “There are 9 to 10, and 12 to 15 is a good number.” We also asked him what his favorite thing about coaching Scholastic Bowl is. He answered by saying, “When a kid thinks they don’t know the answer and guesses correctly.” We then asked if they have practices and what they do there. He said, “We ask questions, discuss answers, and find ways to remember things.”

Rex Denham:

When we asked him when the first match was, he said, “A while.” We then asked him how many people are on the team and if that is a good number. He replied, “Around 10, but probably 15-17 including backups.” Then we asked him what his favorite thing about Scholastic Bowl is. He answered, “You learn and showcase useless knowledge.” We then asked if they have practices and what they do there. He said, “Mr. Troutt asks random questions.”

Sam Snyder:

We asked him when the first match was. He said, “February.” Then we asked him how many people are on the team and if that is a good number. He replied, “Around 11 is not really a good number.” Our next question was about his favorite thing about Scholastic Bowl. He replied, “He buys us ice cream at the end of the year.” We then asked if they have practices and if so, what they do there. He said, “We answer trivia questions.”

Michel Curry:

When we asked him when the first match was, he said, “No clue.” We then asked him how many people are on the team and if that is a good number. He answered by saying, “About 8, and yes, I guess.” What is your favorite thing about Scholastic Bowl? He said, “History questions.”

Drake Arnold:

We asked him when the first match is. He said, “I don’t know.” When we asked him how many people are on the team and if that is a good number, he said, “Around 10-15, not sure, I guess, yes.” We then asked him what his favorite thing about Scholastic Bowl is. He replied, “I like random facts.” Then we asked if they have practices and if so, what they do there. He answered by saying, “Mr. Troutt quizzes us on random facts.”