The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Payton Flanary

Payton+Flanary

For this week’s Hornet Spotlight, we chose Payton Flanary. The first question that we asked Payton Flanary was, “What is your favorite sport and why?” She quickly answered by saying, “Probably volleyball since I’ve played it the longest.” Next, we decided to ask her what her favorite color was. She thought for a second and then said, “Blue because I think it’s pretty cool.” We then asked her what her favorite brand of clothes and shoes was. She replied with Adidas. Then we asked her what her favorite class was and why. She quickly replied with, “Algebra because I am a math person.” Another question we asked Payton was, “If you had three wishes, what would they be and why?” She said, “Go to my dream college in Nebraska, be rich, and find love.” Next, we decided to ask if she could live anywhere in the world, where would she live and why. She said that she would like to stay in the US and live in either Texas or Tennessee. Another question we asked Payton was, “What would you do with the money if you won the lottery?” She said she would get out of Illinois and take her family with her. She also mentioned that she would go to her dream college. We then asked her what the weirdest thing in her room was. She said it was the chair hanging from her ceiling. When we asked her who her favorite celebrity was, she said she liked Rudy Pankow and Chris Pratt. Our last question was, “What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?”