The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Staff Hornet Spotlight Mr. Bayer

We asked these questions because we wanted to know more about Mr. Bayer. So, we asked questions about the Packers, which are his favorite NFL team, about his sports as a kid, and about teaching and coaching.

1. What sports did you play as a kid? – Soccer, tennis, basketball.
  2. Where do you see the Packers in the next 5 years? – With at least 1 Super Bowl win, and still owning the Bears.
  3. Do you think Jordan Love is a franchise QB, and why? – Yes, his team-first attitude and the improvements he made in the 2nd half of this season.
  4. What is your favorite NBA team? – Chicago Bulls by default, but I do not watch NBA basketball. It is not an enjoyable brand of basketball to watch.
  5. Why are you an Indiana fan for college basketball? – I grew up watching Indiana teams of the early 1990s when they were really good and led by one of the greatest coaches of all time, Bob Knight.
  6. Do you like being a math teacher? – I wouldn’t rather be doing anything else.
  7. What was your favorite sport as a kid? – Soccer.
  8. Do you like having Jordan Love as your starting QB? – As long as he’s beating the Bears, then yes.
  9. Do you like coaching girls’ basketball? – Absolutely.
  10. Is Liam your favorite student? – You know what I tell all my classes…I don’t have favorite students. I have my least-favorite students, and they know who they are.

These are the good and funny answers Mr. Bayer gave us. How many answers did you already know about Mr. Bayer?