The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

5th Grade Hornet Spotlight – Jude Gerber

We interviewed 5th grader Jude Gerber, and he gave us great responses! Here they are:

First, we decided to ask Jude, “What sports do you play right now?” He answered, “Just basketball.”

Secondly, we threw Jude a curveball question: “What is your favorite food that you could eat every day?” After thinking for a moment, he stated, “Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese.”

Then, we thought of an interesting question to get Jude thinking a little. We asked, “What is your number one bucket list item and why?” Once again, he comprehended his answer and said, “Probably going somewhere in France because it’s pretty and cool.”

Jude is a sporty person, and we imagined that he loved shoes, so we asked him, “What is your favorite shoe brand and why?” Jude stated, “Nike because it’s sweat.”

Next, we wanted Jude to think about the past, even though he had just learned some history. We asked, “One person from the past that you would like to meet?” Jude thought for a moment, then declared, “Wilt Chamberlain because he’s just a GOAT!”

As you may know, “Would You Rather” is a fun game with some unique questions, so we asked him, “Would you rather win the Olympics in ping pong or lose the Olympic final in basketball?” He exclaimed, “Win the Olympics in ping pong.”

There are a lot of famous people with awesome and hardworking careers. We then came to a conclusion and asked, “If you could have the career of a famous person, who would it be?” He exclaimed, “Michael Jordan because he is the best at basketball!”

We wanted to ask Jude a straightforward question: “What is your favorite kid’s show that you watched when you were younger?” Jude answered briefly, “Veggie Tales.”

Again, we asked a plain and simple question: “What is your favorite YouTuber and why?” Jude stated, “Typical Gamer because I like Fortnite.”

Finally, we asked Jude a different question: “One weird interest when you were younger that you wonder why you had it?” He said, “I used to love playing Mario Games but stopped as I matured.”

This interview was a blast. Thanks, Jude, so much! We hope you viewers enjoyed the article.