The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Operation Christmas Child

This year the EMS student council is doing the Operation Christmas fundraiser again! Operation Christmas is a fundraiser that happens every year, the whole school donates money to give underprivileged kids Christmas gifts. This year the staff sponsor is Mr. Eastman. The Student Council has set a school goal of $1000. Thursday, November 16, is the last day to turn in your money! Mr. Eastman has had to do many crazy things, thanks to the money that students and staff have donated so far. Some of the crazy and weird things Mr. Eastman has done were eat a lemon, eat 10 Takis, play Pie Face, and play Wet Head. We are already getting close to $2,000 after just 2 weeks! Great job EMS! Continue to donate your money to help kids have an awesome Christmas!
We asked different kids what the ultimate penalty for Mr. Eastman would be if we raised even more money.
Here are their answers;
Stanley Cunnigham – “Mr. Eastman has to paint a huge mural that says Go Hornets”
Faith Fullmer – “Drink a bottle of hot sauce”

Collin Risk – “Go through the car wash on a bike”

Feben Gates – “One Chip Challenge”

Beck Westphalen – ‘Walk ten yards barefoot on Legos”

Peyton Henderson – “He has to be harnessed to the ceiling for the whole day”

Noah Lynch – “Have him drink a 2-liter bottle of soda with Mentos in it”

Tate Leman – “Lay in a box of snakes”

Connor Knapp – “Make him shave his head and eyebrows”

Sarina weigand – “Dunk tank”

Those are all good crazy answers…Who knows, maybe Mr. Eastman will have to do one of those penalties next year.