The Nest

The Student News Site of Eureka Middle School

The Nest

The Nest

Lego League!

Lego+League%21

This week, we spoke to some members of the Lego League team to learn more about what they do. Here’s what they had to say!

Sam Miller:

First, we asked him what his favorite part of Lego League is, and he quickly responded by saying, “Writing the skit.”

Then, we asked him about the first competition, and that question made him think for a moment before he said, “I think it’s on December 2.”

After that, we asked him what he does in Lego League, and he said, “We code robots to perform tasks and we create a mission project related to the theme to present to the judges.”

Lastly, we asked him what the coolest thing he has built in Lego League is, and he didn’t need to think twice before answering, “Our robots.”

Landon Kalmer:

First, we asked him what his favorite part of Lego League is, and he said, “The robots and coding.”

After that, we asked him about when their first match is. He answered, “December 2nd.”

Next, we asked him what they do in Lego League. He quickly replied, “During practice, we code, work on a skit, and prepare our presentation. At matches, we present all of our work to the judges.”

Lastly, we asked him what the coolest thing he has built in Lego League is. He replied, “The robots. They require a lot of work, but they’re really cool.”

Les Reel:

First, we asked Les what her favorite part of Lego League is, and after some thought, she said, “Being able to be with my friends.”

Then, we asked her about when her first competition is, and she said she thinks it’s on December 2nd.

After that, we asked her what she does in Lego League, and she explained it very well. She said, “We build robots and program them. We also create a skit and present it to the judges.”

Lastly, we asked her what the coolest thing she has built in Lego League is, and she said, “Probably the robots we built for the competition.”

This concludes our article about Lego League. If you have any questions, feel free to ask the people who were interviewed!